The following are symptoms after attempting to send an email using the Shop Management program:
- The Shop Management program crashes or freezes shortly after sending or closing an Outlook email.
- Ability to send an email once, but then receive “error sending mail” in subsequent email requests in the Shop Management program. Completely closing the Shop Management program will repeat this symptom.
The error message, “ShopStream Extensible Framework has stopped” may appear after sending or closing the Outlook email.
The olmapi32.dll file in Outlook may be an incompatible version or is corrupt. The olmapi32.dll file is installed by Outlook. When Outlook is uninstalled, the DLL does not get removed. As a result, reinstalling could cause an incompatibility mismatch of the DLL file.
- Confirm that the olmapi32.dll is the cause of the crash. To confirm, open Windows Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application and look for the following error message:
- Repair or reinstall Microsoft Outlook:
- Ensure that computer does not have two versions of Microsoft Outlook installed. If the computer does have two versions installed, uninstall the older version and repair the newer Microsoft Outlook.
- Try renaming (deleting) the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX\olmapi32.dll file, then repair or reinstall Microsoft Outlook.Tip: Some versions of Outlook will attempt to repair itself at launch rather than having to repair from Control Panel.
For more information, visit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_other-msoversion_other/the-file-olmapi32dll-is-incompatible-with/32f3db73-f029-4c5a-aa51-43789c425a3c.