A recent Microsoft Windows Update is causing printing issues in the Shop Management program. The update appears to be causing the Windows Print Spooler to crash. The update is affecting both Windows 8 & 10 operating systems. More Information:
Symptoms include, but not limited to:
- Win32Exception error when attempting to print
- Shop Management program closes to the Desktop after attempting to print
- “The handle is invalid” error:
Affected Microsoft Windows Updates:
- Windows 10 version 1903 – KB4524147, KB4517389
- Windows 10 version 1809 – KB4524148, KB4519338
- Windows 10 version 1803 – KB4524149
- Windows 8.1 – KB4524156
How to test if you are affected:
- On your computer, search and open Windows Notepad.
- Type something into Notepad, and then attempt to print a test page by going to File > Print.
- If you are unable to print in Notepad, your computer is affected by the Windows update.
If you are able to print from all other applications except your Shop Management software, please contact our Technical Support department for assistance (888-724-6742, option 4).
We recommend temporarily uninstalling the Windows update to continue to be able to print. A reboot is required to uninstall the update. If you reboot, or turn your computer off and on again, the update may reinstall itself. We recommend consulting with your local IT person about temporarily preventing these Windows updates from re-installing themselves.
How to Uninstall Windows 10 Updates