Shop Mgmt Software requires internally generated Invoices for the bulk of accounting reporting.
NOTE: You can click on Options at bottom of Order screen and un-check Shop Supplies and/or HazMat charges. Then they won’t be added in addition to the amount recorded on the invoice.
Here are the steps to add the necessary components:
- Create a new Category called Prior Balance
- Create a new Account Class called Prior Balance
- Create a “part#” called PB, “previous balance” in Description; use the Prior Balance category and Prior Balance account class created above.
- Enter cost/sale as $1.00 or similar; save the “part#” record. You can use this to add the item to the invoice.
- Start an Invoice, select the customer and go to Order screen
- Open Parts (alt+P) and type PB; press the Tab key to fill details, then click Done to copy onto the order.
- Double click on the “part” and change the amount to what you need, then Done to return to the order.
- Go to the Customer screen and select Update Customer; if you had entered a previous amount in there, adjust it to zero so it will be correct when this invoice is posted.
- If Shop Supply/HazMat charges are enabled for parts (as we recommend) you’ll still need to use Order Options to remove those charges, then post it.