Question: Is there a way to change the payment type in the “Apply Payments Dialog Box”? We have a need to include “Electronic” payments.
1) Go to Setup, Standard Tables and select Income/Payment Types tab.
2) Change the selector bullet to Payment Types; you’ll see existing entries listed there.
3) Click on Add to create your new entry; decide to count as Cash (likely), Check or Credit Card.
4) Enter ‘Electronic’ in Account Description and decide on a GL Code.
NOTE: A Unique GL code will break it out separately on Revenue by GL Code report while still being counted as part of your Cash. A shared GL code will lump the ‘Electronic’ dollars into that group decided to be used.
5) Click on OK and Done to save your entry; it’ll now be available in your Payment Type drop-down list next time you access it.