This is a process to lock-in specific markup settings on certain parts in your inventory. This should only be done in cases where you do not want the Markup Matrix to apply to a specific set of inventory parts and wish to set a price on multiple parts in your database all at once. If you only need to effect a few parts we would suggest just manually calculating the price you wish to sell the part for, editing the part in inventory, checking user entered price, and manually typing in the price you want for that part.
- Create a database backup so any unwanted changes can be undone.
- Open Inventory List.
- Choose a Vendor, Category, or Manufacturer for the parts that require adjustment. Then click the search magnifying glass.
- Once search list populates, click Update.
- The Inventory Update window will appear. Check, Enable Matrix Markup and Update List Prices, then click OK.
Note: If the vendor was not selected in the previous screen you can select a specific vendor that supplies the populated list. Otherwise, <ALL> will apply changes to all parts listed within the populated search list.
- At the prompt, click Yes.
- Open Setup > Standard Table > Price Markup Matrix.
- Adjust markup percentages to desired markup change for specific inventoried items. Then click, Apply Matrix to inventory.
- Repeat steps 2-4
- Check Disable Matrix Markup, then click OK.
Note: This will leave the markup price on the items but will change them to user entered price preventing them from being affected by any further change in Price Markup Matrix
- Open Setup > Standard Table > Price Markup Matrix, and change percentages back to what they were before the change. Then click, Apply Matrix to inventory.
- Next, check prices on inventory items that should have been changed. If items have not been modified after the change back to the previous matrix percentage, then the process was successful.