So you’d like to say thanks to a current customer for sending you a new customer with some token of appreciation; how and where do you register this referral activity between these customers? You can do this without generating an order; just follow these steps:
Go to Utilities menu to open Customer screen.
- Click on Name to access new customer’s record. (example Bob Peterson)
- Open the Referred By drop-down list and select Friend as the Referral type.
- Click on Referral Lookup to open the customer rolodex.
- Select existing customer (example Pam Johnson) from list.
- Click OK to accept the selection. Referred By should now display Pam Johnson.
- Click on Customer Screen Exit button.
- Answer Yes to ‘Save Changes to Customer Information?’.
Now when the Referral-Customers report is run it will include referral (Bob Peterson referred by Pam Johnson).