Many shops report that they can stay busy when they go back to their customer database and send out Recommendations letters. Typically they date-range back 6 months to a year and prompt customers about repair needs identified within that timeframe. Goes like this:
NOTE: For this exercise, be sure Print to Screen is selected in Reports dialog box or results will go to your printer.
- Go to Reports, select Followup tab
- Choose FL – Recommendation for Work 1 as the “report”
- On the Recommend tab build the Search as desired:
- Date range back one year
- Try Category < All > now; filter option for fewer results
- Keep Print Recommendations checked so they appear in letter
- Try with Vehicle Make and Zip Code set to < All > for now
- Click on Search to build a list of customers who qualify
- Click on Print and then Print Letters/Postcards to preview results
Each customer would receive a custom letter that included their name, address, vehicle and recommendations with dates and details.
- Click the Red X in the upper RH corner to close print preview then Cancel and Cancel once more to close the boxes.
In the actual process, a dialog box displays at the end, asking to Mark these as printed? Y/N By saying Yes, a system date stamp is placed on the Recommendation itself. When viewed from Vehicle screen, users can tell that a Followup letter was created and sent on that date.