We have found the AVG antivirus program blocks many features of our Manager SE application including updates to the client/workstation computers. Below are general instructions to exclude our software from AVG virus scans and instructions on how to restore our files flagged as threats.
RESTORING FROM VIRUS VAULT
1. Go to (1)Options > (2)Virus Vault
2. Next, select the (3)files that you are restoring. Make sure to select any file residing in either C:\Program Files\M1-SK, C:\Program Files (x86)\M1-SK, or C:\ProgramData\M1-SK and click (4)Restore.
3. Click (5)Yes to confirm you are restoring the file.
At this point, the necessary files are now restored and the program is working, but the AVG program might block the same files again in the future. The next set of instructions are to exclude our software from being marked as a threat.
1. Go to (1)Options > (2)Advanced Settings
2. Go to (3)Exceptions > (4)Add exception
3. For (5)Exception type, select (6)Folder
4. Click on (7)Browse > go to C:\Program Files\M1-SK or C:\Program Files (x86)\M1-SK > select the M1-SK folder and click OK. Repeat this process for C:\ProgramData\M1-SK, select the M1-SK folder and click OK.
Note: C:\ProgramData is a hidden folder and would need to be manually entered as C:\ProgramData\M1-SK or set to be visible.
5. Click (9)OK
6. Click (10)Apply and (11)OK