In versions 8.0.3 and higher shop owners can set taxes on Purchase Orders (P.O.s). To retain the setting, the tax rate must be set on a manually created Purchase Order. If it is done on a Purchase Order generated through an electronic parts catalog the setting will not save.
Close all workstations running the Shop Management program then follow the steps below on the host/main computer.
Setting the tax rate by creating a manual P.O.
- Click the P.O.s icon at the top of the Shop Management program.
- On the bottom of the Purchase Order window, click Add.
- Add a part—a dummy part not in inventory will work.
- Set the tax rate by clicking Tax Rates Applied at the top of the Purchase Order Worksheet.
- Mark the P.O. as Taxable and select the applicable tax rates. Then click OK.
- Save the P.O., then click OK on the prompt to update all lines to the new tax configuration.
- At this point, the current and all future P.O.s will be marked as Taxable.
- The manual P.O. can be deleted, and the setting will save. The tax rate of future P.O.s will reflect the last manual P.O. created.