- Account with FirstMile Credit Card Processing Service.
Set up FirstMile
If FirstMile is already set up you can skip to Set up a Texting Phone Number.
- Click on WIP button on top left until you see the black splash screen.
- Using the menus at the top of the program, go to Configurations > Special Maintenance > Electronic Payment Processing.
- Configure sections 1 and 2 to match the image below.
- Click Setup Credentials and enter credentials provided by FirstMile.
Set up a Texting Phone Number
The Text To Pay link can be sent to any phone number configured as a Mobile/Text number in Setup.
- Using the menu at the top of the program, click on Configurations > Standard Descriptions.
- Click on Phone.
- Select an existing phone type and click Edit. Change the Type to Mobile/Text.
You can also click Add to add additional phone types.
How to Use Text to Pay
- In an order, when applying a payment, choose an Elec payment type and click Send Text to Pay.
- A link will be sent to the customer, you will receive confirmation with a popup.
- Customer will receive a text with a link where they will be prompted to verify their phone number.
The text is sent from a FirstMile short code number.
- Customer can then enter their information and pay the total.
- Shop will receive a notification that payment was made. When you click on it the payment will process in Manager.
Note: it can take up to 5 minutes after the customer pays for the notification to appear.
You can also click the Payment Approvals button on the bottom of the WIP to check the status of any Text Payments. The button will highlight in red if there are pending approvals, select the payment and click Process to complete the payment.
- Clicking on either of the above will bring up payment confirmation where you can print a receipt. Click OK.
- The order is now paid, you can post the invoice.